DataKind is seeking an experienced social media professional with a background in brand visibility and awareness, increasing followers and engagement, and authoring and curating brand-centric content that’s in line with style, voice, and tone. Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Social Media Consultant will actively develop DataKind’s brand engagement across social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others.
DataKind is a global nonprofit dedicated to harnessing the power of data science and AI in the service of humanity. Named one of Fast Company's 2017 top 10 innovative nonprofits, DataKind teams talented pro bono experts from academia and industry with visionary changemakers to collaboratively design innovative solutions to tough social challenges. We help social organizations apply their data to predictive analytics, machine learning algorithms, and AI needs in a way that both increases impact and prioritizes ethics.
- We are 20,000 strong: DataKind volunteers hail from almost every country across the world, representing a community of technologists and social change makers who believe in using data science and AI for a stronger planet and a more just and prosperous world.
- We have served 300+ projects around the world: From using satellite imagery to measure crop yields to automating the fight against hate speech online, our volunteer community has shown up to support a range of humanitarian needs around the world. Through this approach, illustrating what we call “the art of the possible,” these projects have resulted in more effective NGOs, more funding for social change organizations, and more awareness of the power (and pitfalls) of data science and AI in the social sector.
- People are at the center of our process: The most advanced machine learning algorithms are useless if they’re not designed for real people’s problems. DataKind celebrates human centered design principles that focus on the “why,” the “for whom,” and the “should we” long before we ever get going on the “what.”
- “AI for Good” will only succeed if it’s “AI for All”: We will continue our work until all people and all communities can use digital technology for the outcomes they want to see. We support not just the tech communities of today, but anyone in any community who wants to lead in how data technologies serve their needs fairly, with an emphasis on including individuals from groups that are historically underrepresented in technology or will be impacted by the intervention.
DataKind has always known that we will not be able to combat all of the world’s looming challenges on the backs of individual, short-term projects alone. We are now focusing the DataKind network on issue areas, including improving health outcomes and increasing economic resilience for all. You can read more about the new strategy here.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Social Media Consultant will actively develop DataKind’s brand engagement across social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and others. As a member of the Communications team, you’ll develop tactics to build brand visibility and awareness; grow following and increase engagement; and author and curate brand-centric content that’s in line with DataKind style, voice, and tone.
You'll work cross-functionally to help communicate the latest happenings from DataKind and our data science and AI community, including our global Chapter network. You’ll develop benchmarks for our social media metrics and creative strategies for reaching our goals (most importantly, increasing followers and engagement and driving visitors to our website). Also, as an advocate for social media within DataKind, you’ll monitor our peer landscape along with trends, social conversations, and feedback in order to develop recommendations to grow engagement, increase brand advocates, and deepen online relationships. You’ll also track weekly and quarterly analytics against benchmarks and contribute to monthly performance metrics.
We're looking for a thoughtful and creative communicator with an incredible attention to detail who can transform complex topics and issues into engaging social content that compels audiences to follow, interact with, and support our mission.
- Develop and drive social media strategy in collaboration with the Director, Communications
- Manage social media content calendar and pipeline
- Write, edit, publish, schedule, and report on brand-appropriate content (most organic, some paid) for DataKind's official social media channels
- Develop creative social media campaigns to drive support (funding and partnerships) and recruit volunteers
- Monitor for mentions, questions, and opportunities while providing timely appropriate responses
- Work with the Director, Communications to continually grow each community via organic and paid media, such tactics could include Twitter takeovers, live tweeting during events, Facebook live sessions, boosting posts, incorporating video assets, and more
- Manage paid media campaigns, identifying boost content, assigning post budgets, monitoring spends, analyzing results, and distilling learnings
- Monitor related news, peer, funder, and partner organizations to mine content, build relationships, engage with our broader community, and drive traffic to our digital channels and properties
- Develop social media benchmark metrics based on peer and competitive landscape analysis, monitor performance metrics, and continually adjust strategies to meet goals
- Create social media reports and aggregate data into actionable insights for each social media strategy
- Meet weekly with the Director, Communications to provide status updates on key projects and work streams and discuss content calendar and pipeline
We’ll be looking for the qualifications listed below. Strong candidates will be contacted for further discussion. These will be selected based on relevance of past experience and alignment with DataKind’s goals and budget.
- A bachelor’s degree with five years of work experience with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube at an agency, nonprofit, or technology company; at least three years of experience in developing social media strategy, managing social media channels, increasing brand awareness, and growing social engagement
- Excellent writing and editorial skills with the ability to translate technical information clearly and effectively to a general audience
- Proficient with social media management tools like Hootesuite, Buffer, Sprout, and Canva
- Experience with social media metrics benchmarking, tracking, and reporting
- Stellar customer service skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Fluency with the basic principles of cost per click, impression, and reach
- Alignment with and ability to articulate DataKind’s mission and values, preferably with familiarity communicating about data science, machine learning, AI, and international development
Creative Circle has been retained to conduct a search for this role. Interested parties are requested to apply directly via their site, link provided below, with the following:
- A resume describing relevant professional experience
- A cover letter including:
- A short description of why you’re interested in and qualified for this position
- A brief overview of your experience and length of time in field, including examples of similarly complex and integrated work
- Your requested rate of pay
- A work sample/portfolio of properties and brands managed with performance growth metrics and that demonstrates your ability to break down complex concepts in a compelling, approachable way
- Two references (name, phone, and email) from similar work (give a brief description of each project scope including size and nature of work)