Check out this great opportunity from our friends at QCRI:
QCRI Hiring Data Scientists, Software Engineers & Interns for Humanitarian and Development Projects
The Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI: http://www.qcri.com
in Doha) conducts world-class computing research, creating knowledge and supporting innovation in select areas of advanced computing that have long-term relevance and lasting value for the region and the international community.We are seeking data scientists, software engineers and interns to work on our crisis computing and data science projects with the United Nations, World Bank and other partners. Recruited candidates will lead and be actively involved with researchers in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of in-house-developed application systems that support major humanitarian and/or development projects. They will also be directly involved in analyzing humanitarian and development Big Data in order to improve international disaster response and inform economic development projects around the world.
Types of Skills and Experience Sought:* Expertise in Big Data Analysis and Computational Social Science
* Proven track record developing web applications
* Fluency in Java and at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python)
* Experience dealing with microblogging or other types of user generated contents
* Experience in the development of data-intensive applications involving distributed computing and/or the processing of large datasets, a plus
* Experience applying Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing methods, a plus
* Strong communication and collaboration skills; must be fluent in EnglishEducation:* BSc (with 5+ years experience) in Computer Science Computing Engineering, Data Science, or related field
* Postgraduate studies, MSc, and/or PhD a plus
QCRI offers highly competitive compensation including attractive tax-free salary and additional benefits such as furnished accommodation, excellent medical insurance, 6+ weeks of annual paid leave, etc.
To apply, please send your resume to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Social Computing Application" in the subject header.