Reporting to the COO, the Communications Manager is an experienced communications professional that provides strategic advice, staff training and oversight to ensure DataKind’s communication channels are up to date and all communications are on brand. You will manage a social media freelancer as well as secure and manage other freelancers as needed to complete specific deliverables such as blogs, reports, newsletters, collateral, website updates and more. You will review and edit writing from DataKind staff and Chapter Leaders and manage DataKind’s editorial and speaking calendar. This is a six-month full time contractor role, with the potential to become a full-time staff role in January 2019. Please note that we are unable to hire overseas independent contractors.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, edit, produce and promote blog posts, case studies, mass emails and newsletters to engage our key audiences, fulfill funder requirements and support annual goals
- Collect and extract stories and key information from Chapters or program participants to craft project case studies
- Prioritize incoming speaking opportunities and maintain quarterly speaking calendar
- Manage external vendors such as freelance copywriters, graphic designers and others. (Ideally you have a rolodex of people to pull from!)
- Manage web design and development projects and ensure web content is up to date
- Review and approve new collateral to ensure in line with DataKind’s brand
- Juggle a high number of internal and external requests while maintaining focus and strong prioritization
- Create systems, processes and templates to support staff with on-going communications needs
- Advise and guide staff/Chapter Leaders about the best way to approach communications challenges or questions
- Highlight for staff/Chapter Leaders key communication wins, upcoming events or press coverage and its impact
Who You Are
- A strategic storyteller. You have an excellent ability to communicate through diverse medias and have a strong portfolio of blogs, proposals, newsletters, press releases, etc. You also think and act strategically to enable each piece to fit together into the larger picture.
- A relationship builder. You’re a natural at developing and managing relationships with a diverse community of stakeholders. You can accurately and effectively represent your team to reporters, vendors, community members, and everyone in between.
- Into the details, always. At your core, you love writing, and you possess a strong passion for the power of words. Your exemplary grammar and communication skills will be key, too. You are extremely attentive to accuracy, and have superb proofreading and editing skills.
- Service-oriented. You have a service mindset. You’ve had experience with customer service in the past, whether in a professional setting or a volunteer capacity. You’ve built up a skillset in addressing people’s needs and asks, and managing expectations as well as timelines. You’re known for your “can-do” attitude and for always being graciously helpful.
- Visually creative. You might not be a designer by training, but you have an eye for design and can effectively contribute to visual media. You can develop the message, including some of the aesthetics, to resonate with diverse targeted audience, and add the final polishing touches.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, branding, marketing, etc
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Meetup, Eventbrite, website content management systems, Tweetdeck, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Excellent writing, editorial and oral communication skills
- Project management experience. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to recommend and initiate new procedures to manage the flow of information between departments
Perks of Working Here
You will receive a competitive salary and room for growth.
You will collaborate with a small team of energetic, smart people. You’ll work at a company that sets high standards, values new ideas and innovative approaches, and supports employee growth.
You’ll enjoy an open and casual work space where colleagues challenge you to learn and grow, are open to collaboration, and expect you bring a sense of humor with your ‘A’ game.
You will work in Brooklyn, a vibrant city full of diverse benefits.
Named as one of Fast Company's 10 most innovative nonprofits in their 2017 World's Most Innovative Companies List, we are a global organization that harnesses the power of data science in the service of humanity. We bring pro bono data scientists together with organizations that are dedicated to solving the world’s most pressing challenges. Every day, mission driven organizations apply to us with their data science needs. We then work to understand their pain points, how their organization works and, most importantly, how their data and other data sources can be used to make the biggest impact on the world.
We’ve helped the World Bank estimate poverty from satellite imagery, teamed with the Grameen Foundation to improve their mobile knowledge programs in Uganda, and joined the American Red Cross in using fire data and open city data to understand where fires are most likely to occur. We’ve gained a prominent voice in both the data sector and the social entrepreneurship world and you can find word of us in The Guardian, The Economist, Mashable, and the Stanford Social Innovation Review. See this TEDx video for more about what we do.
Commitment to Diversity
Commitment to diversity is one of DataKind's core values as we work to foster an inclusive work environment. We cannot do our work without collaboration between people with diverse skill-sets and backgrounds. We encourage applicants to include and describe parallel or equivalent experience where appropriate. We also encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply.
Email a cover letter outlining your interest and experience in this position along with a resume and writing sample to email@example.com.Apply